Hand Forged Carbon Steel Skillets
Hand Crafted in Oregon of American Made Steel
The Pioneer, the Grande Ronde, Sumpter and Glacier.... Evoking names of the past and the present to bring you a piece of Oregon's history and natural beauty. Find all our skillets and utensils here.
Forge to Table
Northwest Skillet Company can be found in NE Oregon as part of Homestead Springs Farm & Forge. Peter Clark and Sue Miller pursue their passions for blacksmithing, art, nature and critters in this remote corner of Oregon.
How We Make Our Skillets
Our beautiful hand spun carbon steel pans with their hand forged handles set Northwest Skillet Company in a class of our own. Peter Clark, a maker for over 40 years, brings together fire and steel to create skillets that are each a work of art.
Why Carbon Steel?
We regularly hear from our customers that even though they have other pans available in their kitchen, our carbon steel pans are the ones they reach for first. Why are people so passionate about cooking with our carbon steel pans?
- Healthy. Our handmade pans are pure steel with absolutely no chemical coatings.
- Season with ease. Our smooth spun steel seasons beautifully to form a natural non-stick layer.
- Responsive to temperature changes. Our carbon steel pans respond quickly to burner adjustments allowing precise temperature control.
- Lighter. Carbon steel is lighter for its size than a pan made of cast iron.
- Versatility. One pan does it all. Cook anything from delicate egg dishes to sauces to searing a steak and baking in the oven.
- Unique. Northwest Skillet Company is the only handmade skillet maker combining the two age old crafts of metal spinning and hand forging to create the finest handmade carbon steel pans to be found anywhere.
- No pot holder needed. The handle doesn't get hot when cooking on the stove top. Peter has designed the handles to dissipate the heat before it gets to you.
- Artful design. We believe in art for every room of the house including the kitchen! Peter's original designs are as comfortable to the hand as they are pleasing to the eye. Our skillets are a great addition to the decor of any kitchen.
- Heirloom Quality. Our handmade carbon steel pans are built to be used and loved and passed down through the generations.